Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In which there is rain and a few good days



"Ankle Injuries" by Fujiya & Miyagi. Really neat animation with dice!

It's been raining for the past few days, which is okay. Everything smells fresh ( except for my laundry, which really needs doing ). However, I did manage to misplace my umbrella ( of course ) so venturing outside isn't always the most pleasant thing.

Monday I had a presentation and I didn't die immediately afterwards, so I consider that to be a good thing. Actually, it went pretty decently in terms of my German not abandoning ship as soon as I needed it.

Tuesday starting off with me contemplating staying in bed because I really didn't want to go to class at 8AM. But I gathered what will power there was and got myself out of bed and to class. It rained a bit, so I was a bit damp, but oh well. I went to my classes and stuff. After class there was a workshop on how to interprate maps and determine the creator's motives. It was really interesting and led by Prof. Christine Johnson, who will be having a lecture on the Martin Waldseemueller map today.

Afterwards we ( a handful of AYF students, professors, and coordinators ) headed to Omas Kueche for dinner. It was good times, good food, good company, good conversation all rolled into one.

The way back home it downpoured, of course, because at this time I didn't have my umbrella and I had to ride my bike back home. So I was pretty drenched.

I don't have class for the rest of the week due to Ascension, so I'm pretty pumped about that! I will have class all day on Saturday, though, because I'll be going to Colmar with my Art History class.

I made chocolate chip cookies. They always turn out differently from cookies I make in the States. Don't know if it's the butter or what ... ::shrugs::

Anyhow, basically, I've had some really good days! I'm really going to miss Freiburg. I can't wait to get back here.

Oh, yeah! I saw someone reading a Terry Pratchett book in KG I the other day and randomly started a conversation :D I was pretty happy with myself for doing that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home