Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Referat

Let's (not) talk about my Referat yesterday. I didn't crash and burn, but I didn't soar high and mighty like an eagle or anything. I did the best I could without reading straight off of a piece of paper. Still ... there were quite a few awkward pauses and I had to explain some of the words I had used. There were parts where I felt I should have slowed down a bit and parts where I could have been more to the point. I think I'm still at the point where I need two or three vague sentences to describe a point, but they never quite add up to what I want.

Which is why my Hausarbeit has to be 100%. There's no excuse for screwing up a written assignment when I have everything laid out before me to constantly reference.

Ugh, anyhow, I'm sure the whole Referat experience will haunt me for a few days until I snap out of it and focus on things like

1) My Hausarbeit for Sprache und Geschlecht
2) My Hausarbeit ( or two shorter papers ) for Art and Architecture of the Upper Rhine Region ( something that I'm doing to get credit in an IAH course )
3) Studying/reviewing for my Klausur in History
4) Reviewing for my Klausur in Art and Architecture ( this will definitely be the easiest of my final assignments )

So, I knew I had a knack for drawing and art, but I guess my whole brain's pretty visually focused, which is the great thing about being in Europe and taking an architecture course - you actually get to see the buildings and sculptures you're learning about and it's easier to remember. ( ~_^ "Mass", if you will )

Hm. Well, anyhow. Back to the grind.

PS: It finally snowed here. We've got 2-3 inches, it looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home